In case you missed it, North Central Cardinal sports had a big weekend across the board. Here’s your update on weekend four sports:
- North Central football, aided by a strong defensive effort, cruised past North Park 33-0 to maintain their perfect record. The Cardinals now turn their attention toward Wheaton College and keeping control of the Little Brass Bell.
- Men’s soccer came up big in the second half, getting two late goals to propel them over Milikin 2-1.
- Women’s soccer, also battling Milikin, won an overtime thriller, 2-1.
- Men’s cross country competed at the Benedictine University Eagle Invitational where they easily won, despite their top runners taking the weekend off from competition.
- Women’s tennis had a tough go against an undefeated Wheaton, losing their dual 9-0.
- Women’s golf, playing in less than ideal conditions, finished their season by placing fifth at the CCIW championships.