- As much as 4.5 inches of rain fell on North Central over the weekend, forcing campus to temporarily close Res hill due to flooding. The nearby Riverwalk also was flooded.
- Dyson Wellness Center hosted two events this weekend relating to survivors of violence. First, the Reclaiming Me art exhibit created by a North Central alum shared stories and images from survivors. Saturday was the 20th-annual Take Back the Night event, which featured speeches and a march around campus.
- Country musician Wynonna Judd and the Big Noise performed a concert at Pfeiffer Hall on Saturday.
- Firefighters continued to battle raging wildfires in northern California as the death toll continued to rise, now standing at 41 with 88 people missing.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Board expelled Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood producer who has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct.