Parking, dining, vegetables and so much more was on the table for this week’s SGA meeting. Check out the highlights:
- Jordan Newcomer, Parking and Transportation Services Coordinator visited SGA to review NCC’s once-per-term parking study, evaluating the parking and transportation needs of the college. Last year they added the commuter/staff lot on Brainard, and NCC just purchased the house at 40 E. Jefferson St. that may add more parking. Newcomer and Student Governing are working on potentially making the parking stats available for students to view online.
- North Central’s sustainability effort is working on “Meatless Mondays” at Kaufman. More vegetarian options will be offered on these days, but there will still be normal meat options, so don’t worry. They are also working on “Ban the Bottle,” eliminating the sale of one-use plastic water bottles on campus.
- SGA has applied for student advancement fund for potential New Hall patio area.
- The SGA student survey is being sent out by the end of this week.
- SGA now has operational Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Chartwells has a new senior dining service director who will be attending the Student Governing meeting next Thursday, Nov. 2. If you have suggestions on how dining services on campus can be improved, let your voice be heard.
Anyone may attend SGA meetings from noon to 1 p.m. in room 132 of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.