It was another busy weekend at North Central, even as finals and the end of the term rapidly approach. Here’s a quick rundown of the highlights:
- The Union held its Student Showcase Friday night, allowing students to perform a variety of talents, ranging from poetry to singing.
- Students feeling stressed had a chance to alleviate those feelings at RHA’s Paint & De-stress Night by participating in activities like painting and making stress balls.
- An event at Wentz Concert Hall rounded out a series of events celebrating Day of the Dead at North Central.
- A little more than a month has passed since the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history and this weekend, the country experienced the all-too-familar anguish again. A gunman in a small Texas town stormed a church, killing 26 people. The victims ranged in age from 18 months to 77 years.
- Sen. Rand Paul was assaulted in his Kentucky residence by a neighbor, leaving the senator with five broken ribs.
- Trump began his 12-day-long trip to Asia Sunday. High tensions and recent missile tests by North Korea will surely be a focal point.