With finals right around the corner, it’s just about time for fall sports to wrap up. Here’s a look at how they fared toward the end of their seasons — and how a couple teams did at the beginning of their season.
- Traveling to Elmhurst College for their final game before playoffs, North Central’s football team wrapped up a spectacular regular season by cruising to a 49-7 victory. The win locked up the program’s 13th CCIW title, shared with Illinois Wesleyan who matched the North Central’s 9-1 (7-1) record. The Cardinals now turn their attention to the postseason, where they face-off against St. John’s University at home Saturday at noon.
- The Women’s Cross Country’s season came to a close Saturday at the Midwest Regional Championships, finishing 13th in a 37 team field. The future looks bright for the Cardinals though, who return six out of their top seven runners.
- Men’s Cross Country took home their 29th regional title, beating the next team — UW-La Crosse, the nation’s second-ranked team — by nearly 50 points. The Cardinals placed all seven of their runners in the top-35, earning every runner all-region honors. Now the Cardinals prepare for Nationals, held in Elsa, Ill. Saturday.
- Men’s and Women’s Swimming competed at the Ripon Triangular meet along with Beloit College, who they beat, but lost to host Ripon College.
- Men’s wrestling started their season in fantastic fashion, notching a trio of first place finishes at the Trine University Invitational that propelled the Cardinals to a first-place team finish.